Re: [DML] 1983 Kepec Model

Bill,

I would assume that this car was one of the last ones (83's) that were
purchased by Kapac (Consolidated International) when DMC went into
receivership. At this point Kapac purchased all of DMC's inventory -
including unsold cars. Kapac then sold the remaining DeLoreans at approx
$22,000 a piece. I have a video clip from this time where an Entertainment
Tonight-type show interviewed the owner/director of Kapac. They also pan the
Kapac lot showing over a hundred DeLoreans unsold in the background. There's
nothing super-rare about a "Kapac car".

An interesting note - my car is VIN 11596, build date of Jan 1982. In my
paperwork for the car i have some Kapac documents outlining warranty
information for my car including a buisness card for Kapac employee Donald L.
Bowman. On the top of the document in typewriter type is "Chesrown
Oldsmobile-GMC Columbus OH." The document then goes to say that the Issuer
of the Warranty is DeLorean Motor Car, distributed by Consolidate
International. the next page is more warranty information for a 1 yr/12K
mile insured service contract. again it says by DeLorean motor car
distributed by Consolidated International. the delivery date of my car was
4/15/83.

Anyone have any idea why a car that was built in Jan of 1982 didn't get
delivered to the owner until April 1983? anyone have any idea where the car
was for a year? was it seriously on a dealer lot that long, and then Kapac
bought it and sold it to the first owner? I'd be interested in anyone's
thoughts pertaining to this!!

Andy

Soma576@xxxx
1982 DeLorean DMC-12 VIN#11596