Re: Late purchased D's (was 1983 Kepec Model)

Re: Late purchased D's (was 1983 Kepec Model)

Andy,

There was a whole lot of things going on late 1981 through 1983 and
beyond that caused Deloreans to be purchased / delivered well past
there production completion, not the least of them being the bogus
drug bust, the plant closing and the corporate bankruptcy issues.

I personally bought my first Delorean (used) in 1985 and the dealer
still had several NEW Deloreans in the showroom and on the lot.
Working for Schwinn Bicycle Corporate HQ as of late 1984, I had
knowledge of the Back to the Future movie in production, since many
of the bikes used (including George McFly's peeping tom bike scene)
were on lone from the Schwinn museum. Although I had always wanted
to own a Porsche 928 and a Delorean since seeing both prototypes in
1977, after I saw the pre-release BTTF movie posted on the boss's
office door (Edward Schwinn, Jr.), I knew I had to have one NOW.
I purchased my first Delorean and enjoyed the original BTTF release.

For a few extra thousand (that I did not have at the time), I could
have purchased a new 1982 model Delorean in 1985, which I regret not
doing, but I thoroughly enjoyed driving my used '81 Delorean around
to the movie theaters in the Chicagoland area when the BTTF movie let
out and opening the door, asking "Could you tell me what time it is?"
Used Delorean $15K. Full tank of gas $15. Looks I got - priceless.

Almost time to re-live that time with the BTTF DVD release Dec. 17.

Later,
Rich

> snip<
>
> the delivery date of my car was 4/15/83.
>
> Anyone have any idea why a car that was built in Jan of 1982 didn't
get delivered to the owner until April 1983? anyone have any idea where
the car was for a year?