Re: [DML] Re: Hand Built DeLoreans

Just another thought about rebuilding Delorean.

Let say you have almost all the parts to build 300 Deloreans. At the current rate these parts are selling (about 1% per year) that's 300 years. The cost to keep them in storage and finance these parts increases their cost 5-10% per year. Since the market will not likely support continuing price escalation of these parts, the only logical choice is to put some of them together as new cars.

Clearly, there are hundreds of titles of wrecked Deloreans that could be resurrected. This is done with old VWs in mexico. All the parts for these are reproduced. All these do in put on your old VIN number. It is totally legal. There are people who import these as "New" Old Beetles. Cost $10-15K.

If DMCH does not do this, they would loose money in the long run on having this huge inventory.
Plus they would have to repro a number of parts to make this happened. Isn't that what we all really want.

I think we should support them and collect as many lost titles as possible. I know of a few already.

BOB