Re: valve cover reassembly

Make sure they use a VERY soft medium and to minimize warpage from
heat during the blasting process. Crushed walnuts works well. BTW
you'll then have valve covers that stick out like sore thumbs as
compared to the (not blasted) engine block.

As for the mating surface don't do anything to it unless it's warped
in the first place. Don't mess up something that's not broken. If
it is, I've done something as simple as placed it, mating surface
down, on a large piece of affixed sand paper, that's on a level
table, and gently sanded it back and forth until it takes a little of
the warp out. Now, granted I've never done this to a DMC valve
cover, but it's worked on other warped mating surfaces.