DMC found at original dealership! legal issues...

DMC found at original dealership! legal issues...

one of my favorite things about the DML is the diversity of the
people that subscribe to it.

...lets see if this can work to my advantage.

okay... here goes.

I live on the big island of Hawaii, Kona side. on the other side
of the island lies what used to be 1 of 2 Delorean dealerships in
the islands, and theyve got 1 DMC left.

This particular DMC was brought in for repairs in the mid to late
80's. i have no idea what work was done to it, but i know it was
going to take a long time. seeing as how the repairs would be time
consuming, the dealership lent the man thier demo car... a black
interior, 5speed, TT, loaded with all the dealer option goodies
you could choose from.

he ran thier demo car into a sugar cane truck, completely
totalling it.

once the insurance settlement was done and over with, and the
Delorean he had brought into the shop earlier for repairs was
complete, he had run into financial troubles and had no way of
paying for the repairs.

solution? turn the newly repaired DMC over to the dealership,
title and all. unfortunatley, the car has been sitting in the same
spot for 12 years, as the dealership cant legally do anything with
it. the car has a "lean" on it from the IRS (something like that.
im running off my memory here)

ive talked with the dealership's owner several times and he would
give the car to me if her could. he "wants that hunk of metal off
the lot as soon as possible", but theres nothing he can do due to
the "lean".

he doesnt know who to talk to about removing the lean on the car.
im praying and hoping here that one of you could let me know what
to do, who to talk to, where to start, ANYTHING would be
appreciated.

if i didnt make sense, you would like to know more, or just want
to chat, please feel free to e-mail me.

oh yeah!
so the car that has been sitting forever that ive got my eye on is
an 81' w hood lines and gas flap, 5 speed, grey interior, 15k
miles, and the original goodyear NCT's (not like they are of any
use, but just cool to mention). vin#3152

the car was newly repaired and running perfectly last it was
driven, which makes things just that much sadder...

im still battling with myself, trying to decide what to do with
the car if i get it. im definitely leaning towards frame off
restoration, even if it will cost me more in the end than buying
an already pristine DMC. its for the love of the marque, and the
history of the car.

hey... thanks for reading this mess, and im looking forward to
your responses!

-Zack

"New cars have no soul..."