Re: DMC found at original dealership! legal issues...

Re: DMC found at original dealership! legal issues...

If there is a lien on the car find out how much it is. If it is not
too much and you can make a deal with the dealer it may still be
affordable. It is just like buying a car that has been financed by a
bank. You can sell such a car but the bank has to be paid off first
with the balance of the funds (if any) going to the seller. If it is
an ordinary lien (not the IRS) the dealer can charge storage against
the car eventually putting a lien of his own on it and then getting
the title. Now he can sell it but the first lien must still get paid
off.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757