Fall Foilage Tour 2 way radio info

Anyone who participated in any of the previous Fall Tours knows both
the importance and fun of having two way radios when caravaning and
trying to keep the group together.

On the first fall tour, I chose channel 12 as the one to use because
we are driving the DMC-12.I found that this channel has caught on as
the DeLorean channel at subsequent events.

If you are not familiar with the two-way radios, they are the 14
channel family FM radios available in any electronics store, K Mart,
Wall Mart Etc. The price has come down so much that you can some
times pick them up for $20 a set or even less.

I encourage every one to bring, buy or borrow these radios for the
trip (if you have an extra one please bring it, put your return
address label on it to identify it if you want).

IMPORTANT NOTE: This year for the 3rd annual fall tour we will be
using channel 3.

Please set your radio to channel 3 so you can communicate with us!

Now I know DeLorean people well enough to know some of them are going
to say "but I like channel 12, why can't we use channel12?".

For those people who need an explanation, here it is and why you have
to use channels 3 this year.

Some of the people on the tour this year were talked into buying the
expensive $150.00 radios with all the great electronic features and
bells and whistles and extra power (you only have to spend $10 like I
said). Well the expensive fancy pants radios can only talk to the
cheap radios on channel 1-7. So we will be using channel 3.
These $150 radios really are excellent and built extremely well and
out perform the cheap ones hands down. We all know the type of people
who only want the best electronics and will settle for nothing less
but I'm not going to rat the guy out who is responsible for all
this,even if Bob Zilla doesn't show up for my fall tour again.

Use channel 3, have a safe trip and I will see you there!

Regards,

Mike D.