Re: Gas leak

It is rare that the hose will leak where the barb connects to it. If
it is leaking the hose is too short to repair. You cannot cut off the
barb and reinsert it without the hose being too short. You will have
to replace the hose. Before you do that it is possible that the bolt
holding the barb onto the cold start valve has loosened. Before
tightening it though you should replace the 2 copper gaskets. If you
don't have any a trick I have used is to heat the old ones up to
anneal them so they can be reused. After annealing they are softened
and when you reinstall them they are "work hardened" again. If they
are not deformed in shape or size this can be done repeatedly. You are
correct in not taking any chances with a fuel leak, with the pressures
in the system any leak can become a miniature blow-torch.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Aaron King <floodle@xxxx> wrote:
> Hopefully someone can help me with this annoying problem that has
cropped up
> recently. Mark Vanyo (of the PNDC) and I just recently finished
replacing
> the auto trans governor in my car. All seemed to go successfully,
but not it
> seems I have a different problem. When the car is idling (I haven't
tried
> taking it out with a gas leak) there is gas leaking from the
coldstart valve.