Re: [DML] speeding tickets? was Re: bad jokes we get... :)

Re: [DML] speeding tickets? was Re: bad jokes we get... :)

i live in AZ and have been pulled over quite a few times (about half the
times i have been ticketed). every cop that has pulled me over has been
very nice to me. however, i was once pulled over on I-10 near Casa Grande
(between phoenix and tucson) and was put in a scary situation. the cop had
been tracking me for several miles and had me at a top speed of 90+.
however, my average speed was 80, and because he was nice and didn't want
me to get a criminal ticket (criminal speeding is above 80), he gave me a
civil ticket. i was really freaked out when he pulled me over and was
questioning me - especially because he made me get out of the car
(something i had never been asked to do) and he was pretty mad at me at
first.

anyway, what i'm trying to say is that i have never encountered a really
strict AZ cop. neither have most of my friends, and we're all in our early
20's - i am sure cops are rougher with the younger croud, so i find it
strange that we're let off pretty easy.

illyana

you said:

I think it has more to do with the person behind the wheel. Every
time I've been pulled over, the officer usually walks up to me and
says, "Sign here." How do you talk your way out of that?

Anyway, it is interesting that you bring this topic up, because
recently in Arizona I got a criminal speeding ticket. Is anyone
familiar with AZ? How strict/corrupt are the courts?