Re: (misrepresented) DeLoreans on eBay

Dear VIN4258 (what's wrong with names?),

On 11-07-2002, you wrote:

> I doubt the engine picture is the same as the person claiming a scam
> is going on. Is it so strange that almost every DeLorean engine
> compartment looks the same?
[snip]
> Don't cry to ebay when you see a picture that MIGHT look like yours.

Did you actually LOOK at the pictures?
I did and went even a little further; I scaled them to matching sizes
and then did an overlay in Photoshop; they ARE the same.

What do you think the odds are on getteing EXACTLY the same angle,
lighting and reflections on two separate photo's of different engines?
Close to non-existing I think.

But as someone allready pointed out; the seller doesn't have to be a
scammer. In this case he states that inspections are welcome, so
if you want to buy and have doubts; GO SEE THE CAR!

IMHO buying ANYTHING site-unseen is stupid and asking to be ripped off.

Just my 2 Euro cents.

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different... Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000