Re: Interior Mirrors - - Where the H#@?

Steve,

If you carefully heat up the area where the mounting ball attaches to
the mirror with a bulb from a trouble-light, or if you have a heatgun
and are very careful, you can soften the plastic just enough to get
the mounting ball to pop in the mirror socket. When it cools, it's
just like new. If it needs a little extra help, try a little WD40 on
the mounting ball. It will evaporate slowly after the install and the
socket will dry out so that the mirror will not droop over time under
it's own weight (or jump out of position when you hit bumps).

This is by no means a guaranteed fix, but it has worked for me on
several Delorean rear view mirror swaps and replacements. The key is
to warm the plastic without melting it and to not force the issue.
Better to warm it and try it several times rather than breaking it.

Later,
Rich W.