Axle thunking-FIXED

Hello,
I brought my axles to a CV/axle specialty shop as I don't know what I am
doing half the time. The shop has worked on DeLorean axles before so I
trusted him.
When I removed the axles both of the inner CV's slid right off of the
axle...not good. I let him go at the axles and it turns out that the clips
that hold the CV joints to the axles slid off. He said that the groove the
clips sit in were not deep enough and was probably a defect from the factory.
He put in a deeper groove and a small weld to make sure it wouldn't happen
again. I told him to go ahead and rebuild them as long as they were off.
($225 with new boots while I waited:))
I put them back on the car and no thunking at all!!!! I was always
paranoid about that sound...If any of you have a clunking coming from the
rear of the car that you can't figure out this may be a possibility. My car
only has 20k orig. miles and it happened to me.

Thank you all
David,
I will be gone the next 12 days so e-mail me when I return if you have any que
stions.