Re: [DML] Over heat protector questions.

Re: [DML] Over heat protector questions.

> What type of fittings are sold with the overheat protector kits?

The fitting that came with the over heat protector that I bought from DMC
Joe had a standard 1/4" American water pipe thread on it. I was at first
peeved that it wasn't a metric thread that matched the thermostat housing.
But then I looked it over and saw that the threads were pretty close to
being correct anyway. You are only going to screw it in there one time and
forget about it, so it being the wrong thread isn't really a problem. Just
go to the hardware store and buy a standard brass 1/4" water pipe thread to
hose barb fitting.

I have also heard of people drilling out the bleed screw and using it, but
there isn't much nipple/barb to reliably hook a hose to.

What would really be cool is if someone started making stainless header
bottles with an extra hose barb just for the bleeder line. Then we wouldn't
need that extra T-fitting.

Walt Tampa, FL