Re: Over heat protector questions.

Adam - Brass fittings are what are normally available, and brass is
what I have in my car. Just remember to use thread sealant when
installing the fitting into the thermostat housing. There is no
challenge between the aluminum engine parts and the brass, especially
if you use any brand of good antifreeze. If you are actually looking
at copper fittings, I think that they would be very soft, and easily
damaged during installation. I can't recall ever seeing copper
threaded fittings, to be honest with you. We have very inexpensive
kits prepared with all the parts, if you choose to go with a package
rather than piecing it together yourself. Contact me, or Darryl
Tinnerstet at www.delorean-parts.com . I know that most of the
vendors also have similar kits. It is an excellent system for
eliminating air pockets in the engine. I have installed this concept
in my other (non-DeLorean) cars as well.

Toby Peterson VIN 2248
Winged1

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Adam Price" <acprice1@xxxx> wrote:

> I am trying to make my own overheat protector and I was just
wondering if copper is okay to use? All I can find are copper
fittings, so will the copper react with the aluminum or the
antifreeze in a harmful way? What type of fittings are sold with the
overheat protector kits?