Re: Interior Mirrors - - Where the H#@?

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "stevepeck1" <stevepeck1@xxxx> wrote:
> First, I am no quitter. When faced with the prospect of say paying
> $200 for a bloody interior mirror, I'll go to great lengths...
>
> I visited a rather complete junkyard, loaded with 80's cars from
all
> makes. There are simply NO mirrors like the DMC's. --
[snip]
> Seriously, ideas anyone?
>
> -Steve #3302

Wouldn't it be easier just to pull of the hole mirror.
A while ago, my interior mirror fell off (don't ask me why ...) and
it was broken. So, instead of looking for a new Delorean-mirror, I
just went to a junkyard and I pulled of a mirror that looked a bit
like the one in my Delorean. I think it was a Ford Escort (European
version). Nobody seems to know the difference.

By the way, next week I'm going to replace my coolant bottle with one
out of a old BMW 3-series (E30). It looks the same, works perfect and
nobody will see the difference.
Another example : my gas struts in the trunk are really gas struts
from an old citroën. They work perfectly and nobody knows ...

Of course I will keep all the original pieces, but I now keep 'em in
boxes, since they're broken ...
To repair a Delorean, you don't always have to use original pieces.
If you look around, you can find a hole lot ...

Regards from Belgium

Andy