Re: [DML] Door Ajar light stays on all the time...please help

Re: [DML] Door Ajar light stays on all the time...please help

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Senatorpack@xxxx wrote:
<SNIP>
> The door light switches are 20+ years old. The switches need
to be adjusted, or replaced with parts from a DeLorean supplier.
<SNIP>

Just to add to this, replacement of the switches isn't always
nessisary. It is possible to simply service them. I took mine
apart, sanded the corrosion off, and bent the metal contacts to
connect properly. Service/replacement of the switches is
something to consider. After a few hours with the door CLOSED,
my switches were getting hot. Worred about an electrical hazard,
I cleaned mine, and they've been cool ever since.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"