[DML] Re: Open doors?

> The Delorean is one of the FEW
> cars that are displayed with open doors

Oh yeah? Mine is one of the FEW that is displayed with the doors CLOSED,
thank you. One would think that Giugiaro originally drew the thing with the
door open. Well, there is plenty of room in this world for both types of
us, but it's always fun saying what makes us who we are. So here is my 2
cents:

I was at a local cruise-in show where a girl with her DeLorean had
everything open on her car that could be open except for maybe the glove
box. Then she asked why I didn't open everything on my car, too. Because
it looks ridiculous, that's why. Her car reminded me of a chicken with
ruffled feathers while I was performing a civic duty to show the world what
a DeLorean really should look like.

Then there was another case of a guy driving his DeLorean to the Zephyrhills
AutoFest. Once we got on the property, he and his son opened their doors as
they drove in. They suggested that I do the same with mine, but I didn't.
We drove quite a distance through a dusty field cluttered with thousands of
classic cars. Then we parked side-by-side -- his with his doors still
proudly open and mine with the doors shut & locked. Afterwards I couldn't
help but chuckle when he complained about how much dust got in his car. (I
told you so. :-) His son said that at least a dozen different people tried
the door handles on my car. It's a good thing I had it locked or it would
have been full of dust too.

Bottom line: The doors-open people attract the crowd to come and look.
Then the doors-closed people show them style.

Walt Tampa, FL