Re: Open doors?

When I go to car shows I leave the doors up and people are immediatly
drawn to the car. Since it is one of the trademark features of the car
it makes it instantly recognizable. The Delorean is one of the FEW
cars that are displayed with open doors being among Lamborginis,
Mercedes, BMW, and assorted other Orphan Marques. This puts it in a
special class with these other exotic cars which is why a painted
Delorean is an oxymoron (IMHO). This does cause the problem of keeping
people out (some seem to take an open door as an invitation) so I keep
a trophy on 1 seat and Einstein on the other. This isn't a perfect
solution as once a small kid bear-hugged Einstein and wouldn't let go
till the parents pulled it away from him! Just install a battery
switch so you can shut the car down, and stick any small stuff
including the cig lighter into the "vault".
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Joe Thome" <joethome@xxxx> wrote:
> Les,
>
> You bring up good point on why leave a DeLorean's doors open for no
apparent