Re: RELATED? Electrical Problems

John and Diane,
As to the speedometer, it is not electrical, but a mechanical
system. The most common problem would be that the angle drive out of
the driver's front wheel has broken or one of the cables has broken.
Thes are the most common problems. I have been lucky and not had
these problems. However another possibility is that the cap that fits
over the speedo cable that comes out of the axile is slipping and not
spinning. This would usually cause intermintent readings and bouncing
around of the needle. If this is the problem, putting something that
is compressable over the cap before putting the wheel back on may
give you the pressure on the cap to keep it turning. What you put
over the cap must be compressable otherwise the wheel may not bolt on
properly and wobble and cause extra stress on the studs.
As to the window problem, first try switching the window
switches. If the window works now the switch is the problem. If the
window still doesn't work, you will probably haveto take the door
panel off and trouble shoot from there.
As to the turn signals, hopefully someone else can help you
there.
Happy Holidays,
Gary Masie