Re: RELATED? Electrical Problems

John - I don't have all of the answers for you, but ... the flasher
problem indicates (to me) that either the wires are not properly
connected to the front light socket, or there is corrosion or some
other problem in the socket itself that prevents proper contact for
the bulb. The "fast flash" is normally indicative of a bad bulb, but
you say that you've changed it. The speedometer failure is normally
associated with the right-angle drive mechanism at the left front
wheel, which is prone to failure due to insufficient lubrication, or
one of the drive cables from the drive to the speedometer itself.
It could even be the little plastic cap on the wheel hub that
engages the drive cable into the angle drive. It is a totally
mechanical system, and is fairly easy to trouble shoot. For the
window problem, I would guess that they didn't get all of the
connections correct after getting into the doors for dent repairs.
They probably had to remove some window hardware to access the
external skin from the inside, and perhaps didn't get it all back
together correctly.

Toby Peterson VIN 2248
Winged1

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "John & Diane Pietrowski" <kritter@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I just got my Delorean back from a body shop after having some dents
in the
> front fender and doors repaired. There are now 3 different
electrical
> problems with it. When engaging the left turn signal, the rear
light
> flashes fast and the front parking light doesn't flash at all. I
replaced
> both bulbs and it still does this. Also, the driver's window does
not move,
> but the passenger window works fine. Finally, half way home, the
speedometer
> stopped working. It was reading 65 mph, then dropped and started
bouncing
> at around 35 and went completely dead. Are all three of these
electrical
> problems somehow related, or just a really bizarre coincidence? By
the way,
> the body shop put a new battery in the car, it's an AC/Delco sealed
> battery. Anybody who has any suggestions, please help me out.
Thanks.