Re: delorean difference s in year opinions

Re: delorean difference s in year opinions

Here is what Winged1 looks like, and this is also what I prefer:

I have an early hood with the lines and the flap. More practical, and
causes people to ask the question ... "What is that flap for?". The
stock sides with the thin rub strip let the car look lower. I think
that the wide stripes give the car a "heavy look". I have the
two-tone interior, but with a grey dash cover and grey sheepskin seat
covers. The covers are to keep my perfect interior ... perfect. I
will admit that I have "droopy headliners" that have been temporarily
repaired, but I plan to do grey leather replacements when I get a
chance. I never could understand why anybody would want an automatic
transmission in a sports car, so I have a 5-speed. I also have a huge
left leg from participating in parades, which we do fairly often here
in the northwest. For suspension, I designed new springs which are
20% softer than original, and set the car at the stance that was shown
in Stainless Steel Illusion. The drop was 3.5 inches in the front,
and 1.75 inches in the rear. I worked with Carrera Shocks, and got
them to develop a part number that they also agreed to carry. My car
has the prototypes on it. The shocks are stainless steel, with
teflon-lined spherical bearing ends, and are three-way adjustable for
jounce and rebound. My car has an exceptional ride quality, but also
handles very well. I also pulled out the side skirts slightly to give
the car a lower look, and have added a 1.5 inch wide rubber lip to the
front airdam and the side skirts to accentuate the lower look and keep
air out from underneath the car. I also have one of the first rear
sway bars that Addco made from the president's car. Awesome addition
for handling. I have also modified the attachments of the rear bar a
bit to tighten things up ... teflon-lined Heim joints, etc.

Toby Peterson VIN 2248
Winged1

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "James LaLonde" <krfds@xxxx> wrote:
> i thought this may be an interesting thread... may have been done
before...