Lowered springs - just the front?

Hi list,

I am looking into the possibility of lowering the front ONLY of my
D. I was hoping someone who has done this could send me a picture?
I'm mostly concerned with how the car looks from the side with just
the front lowered. Is this really noticeable? I don't particularly
like how the stock springs make the front wheels look like they are
tiny in a large wheel well.

How easy is the process? I understand I will need some sort of
special spring compressor tool. Is that all I need for special tools?
If someone has a past posting of the procedure, that would be nice to
have (I looked couldn't find anything).

Also, will the car need to be re-aligned with the lowered springs?
I would like to replace as much as possible while I'm there (shocks,
pins, nuts bolts); what exactly should I replace? What should I ask
the vendor for?

Thanks a bunch,
Tyler
# 3472

p.s. Just checked my TA bolts, looks good! The hard ride must be the
shocks in the back... would be really nice to have a smoother ride.