Re: Noisy fuel pump (still!)

It is very important when installing the fuel pump it is not turned as
you will kink the pick-up hose, the oem or the replacement. The spring
is good to keep a soft hose from collapsing under vacuum but it will
also tend to keep you from linking the hose. There is no downside to
installing a spring, it is a cheap solution. Just don't damage the
hose when installing the spring. Trim the ends of the spring and bend
so the ends of the spring are inside the coils. I don't think the
problem is so much temperature related as it is more sensitive to fuel
level being worse as the level drops. A real simple way to tell is to
fill the tank. It also would tend to muffle the sounds as the pump
would be inside the fuel. The replacement hoses are stiffer but can
still be kinked if you aren't careful.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Walter" <Whalt@xxxx> wrote:
> I replaced my fuel suction hose with a new reproduction one. I
expected
> that this would solve all of my noisy fuel pump problems, but
instead it is
> now worse.
>
> The theory is that the original fuel suction hose is soft and
becomes even
> softer when hot even to the point of collapsing and restricting the
flow of
> fuel. The resulting restriction causes cavitation within the pump,
and