Noisy fuel pump (still!)

I replaced my fuel suction hose with a new reproduction one. I expected
that this would solve all of my noisy fuel pump problems, but instead it is
now worse.

The theory is that the original fuel suction hose is soft and becomes even
softer when hot even to the point of collapsing and restricting the flow of
fuel. The resulting restriction causes cavitation within the pump, and
hence the noise. This before was only a minor problem on my car with the
original hose. It was only a problem when I had been driving for several
hours which gave the fuel in the tank plenty of time to get hot.

Now with the new reproduction hose, the fuel pump is more noisy than ever.
(That is after I have been driving the car for over an hour.) It sounds
like an angry hornet at idle, and at any higher RPM it makes rude farting
and gurgling noises.

Is this due to the new reproduction suction hose, or is it due to some other
problem? I had already replaced my fuel pump with a new one trying to solve
this problem. That didn't change a thing.

So my question to the group is: Is the new reproduction fuel suction hose
more susceptible to collapsing when hot than the OEM hose? I read a DML
post where someone had done the Home Depot screen door spring modification
on a new hose. When I first read this, I thought it was over kill. But is
this what I need to do? Or should I look elsewhere for an answer?

Thanks,
Walt Tampa, FL