Re: Noisy fuel pump (still!)

I would guess that you kinked the line somehow when you installed it.
The line does twist a little bit when you lower the fuel pump down
and position it, so take into account what the position of the fuel
pump will be once lowered, and attach the hose to it to compensate.

I performed the 'spring' modification a few weeks ago and it went
VERY well. The pump was a little noisy when I first started it up,
but after about 5 minutes it quited down to a quiet whine. I can
barely hear it at all (and that's just because I know what to listen
for) from inside the car. It used to drown out conversations after
the gas got hot. And with that sturdy spring in there, I know that
there is NO WAY for the hose to collapse on itself anymore. I've
driven it in 95+ Deg (F) weather and had no problems.

Mark
#10901