Re: rough running and gas

>From the description of your symptoms there are two areas to
investigate. If you haven't replaced the fuel filter in a long time
now is a good time to do so. The other possability is a problem in the
secondary ignition system like a bad coil, bad wires, or worn spark
plugs. A complete tune-up would probably fix your car so if the car
hasn't had one in a long time that would be a good place to start. A
bad RPM relay would cause the fuel pump not to run so without the fuel
pump the motor wouldn't run so accelerating wouldn't be a problem.
Your gas mileage indicates the need for a tune-up and or at least a
mixture adjustment. Your mileage should be near 20 MPG.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757