Re: DeLorean known issues

[Moderator Note: The following is the opinion of author. It is possible to live comfortably without some of these updates, and I expect this list to generate a storm of comments about specific items. Thank you for posting it, David Teitelbaum.]

Here is a list of some of the "known" things to do

3 recalls (if not already done)

tankzilla,lockzilla,fanzilla

trailing arm bolts

ducey alternater (if equiped)

any coolant leaks

plastic header bottle

loose connections in fuse block

cooling fan and circ fan breakers

origional radiater w/ plastic tanks

hydraulic line for clutch

old brake fluid-old anti-freeze

angle drive for speedo and lube lowe cable

old door struts

deteriorated rubber fuel system parts

muffler bracket on right rear

if automatic-shift computer

bead sealer for spare tire

emergency release cables for hood and engine cover

tail light circuit boards

clean all ground connections

Some items are just age related but most are specific to the Delorean. These are among the most common things that I would consider necessary
to make the Delorean a RELIABLE and safe daily driver. Many of the items can be done by most owners so it is just the cost of the parts
but others can be expensive if you have to get professional labor to do them. This is also assuming that the car is in "reasonable"
running shape and doesn't need a lot of cosmetic work such as headliners, binnacle. seats, rugs, etc. Some owners may disagree with
some items but these are all problem areas that have shown themselves over time. Sometimes the low mileage cars need the most work because
the problems never came to light so it never received any upgrades! The Delorean is no more troublesome than any other 20+ year old car
that you would want to turn into a daily driver, mileage is not everything, time also works against you.

David Teitelbaum
vin 10757