Re: DeLorean known issues

David Teitelbaum wrote:

[snip]
> deteriorated rubber fuel system parts
[snip]

I'd like to add rubber parts as a whole:
on mine the door seals are starting to crack, from the looks of it
they are still the original seals and since I appear to be using my
car more than the previous owners did they are starting to wear out
pretty quick! And once you have a tear there's no way of stopping it!

I'll be replacing mine within the next couple of weeks...

[snip]
> muffler bracket on right rear
[snip]

What's with this bracket? On my car I had the catalytic convertor
replaced by an unrestrictive piece of piping, but somehow I can't
seem to get the muffler back in straight!

The bracket above the alternator refuses to slide forward to where it
used to sit. The muffler is seated firmly, so that's not the problem.
My "problem" is that I now have one exhaust flush with the bumper
(left hand side) and on the other side it's allmost an inch further
out!

I've been trying to get it back to where it's supposed to be, but
that &%$&%^& bolt above the alternator is allmost impossible to reach
with any good tools; I tried getting an air-rachet on, but I can't
get it onto the bolt because of the proximity of the surrounding
metal...

Any tips anyone???

Thanks in advance,

JAN van de Wouw