Hard Starting.

Recently I've been having a problem with hard starting with the D
when hot. If the engine is cold it will turn over almost
effortlessly. But when hot, it has difficulty starting. If I swap out
plugs to force the cold start valve to fire the engine will start,
but will immediatly start to flood. I've only had this problem
recently start since the weather here hit the 90's. As a quick run
thru, the entire fuel system on my car is less then a year old. This
includes the accumulator as well. Another odd symptom is an
intermidant "ticking" sound from under the intake manifold where the
distributor is at. When I first had the car smogged last year, the
tech heard the noise and thought it might be a bad spark plug wire
causing an arc somewhere. I've since replaced the spark plugs, wires,
distributor cap and rotor (without removal of the manifold or
disconnection of the fuel lines, yes it is possible). Ticking never
did go away, but the car ran ok after that. Now that it's hot again,
I'm having this problem. The hot start relay will help, but not all
the time. If I'm running errands and stop the engine frequently, the
engine will flood sometimes with the relay in place.

I don't think the impluse coil is causing the issue, because if it
was I wouldn't be able to start the car at all w/o jumping the fuel
relay. Although I am curious if this is a sign that the coil may be
on it's way out. The only remaining components of the ignition system
that are original are the inpluse coil, the ballast resistors, and
the ignition coil. Since these parts are now 20 years old, I would
expect them to need replacing. So I was thinking that perhaps the
ignition coil and/or the ballast resistors have become too weak to
start the car once they've become hot. (as a side question, is the
BOSCH red coil compatable with the DeLorean?). As a side note, my car
now runs a bit rougher than it did before. When reving the engine I
can see a little black smoke. Of course the LAMBDA light recently
came on, so I know that I now have to replace the oxygen sensor.

Ideas?

-Robert