      1. Re: Advice for  a future owner..
           From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
      2. rear interior panel adhesive
           From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
      3. Re: Door alignment
           From: jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx
      4. RE: Delorean's in NM - or Albuquerque
           From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      5. Life with a head turner
           From: Mike Substelny <msubstel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      6. RE: Re: Advice for  a future owner..
           From: "Murray Fisher" <murrayf@xxxxxxxxx>
      7. Very nice cheap DMC on Ebay. Reserve met at 8700
           From: "Steven Lawrence" <vipertv@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      8. Relay update instructions unclear?
           From: "Ryan Foster" <westiething@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      9. Re: Relay update instructions unclear?
           From: Mike Substelny <msubstel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 02:57:46 -0000
   From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Advice for  a future owner..

> what are the best things I can do to prepare
> myself for future DeLorean ownership?

The best thing I did was to demystify the DeLorean...the more I
learned, the more the D shifted from "dream car" to "real car" status
in my mind and the better prepared I was to make purchase decisions.
You've made a huge step in that direction by joining this list and
starting to do some research!

If you can, find somebody in your area who can show you their car (or
book a flight to Illinois and visit mine!).  Discover the places to
look for frame rust, find out what each of the updates looks like,
etc.  Also find out who will help you with your car if you need
anything fixed...most shops in my area won't even *look* at my
DeLorean!

I don't think I'd recommend getting a D as a first car, and I know I
wouldn't recommend having one as your only means of transportation
while you're still learning the ins and outs.  Even a mint condition
D is still a 20-year-old car, so expect it to have some downtime.

Make sure you save some extra money, too.  The cost of the car itself
is only a portion of the total cost of owning a DeLorean.  If you
can't find one in your area, you might have to have the car shipped
(add $500).  Depending on your state, you might have to pay a decent
amount of tax ($750 in my case).  Original tires will need to be
replaced ($400).  If the air doesn't blow cold, figure on another
couple hundred to charge it with R12.  Things can add up pretty
quickly!

DeLoreans are a tremendous amount of fun to drive and to own...best
of luck to you in your search for one!

Todd Masinelli
VIN 6681 (Nov 81)

Message: 2