Re: my first real drive (not without its problems)

Re: my first real drive (not without its problems)

This may be way off but have you checked to see that you are getting
a spark in each cylinder? Or if there is the proper amount of gas
being sprayed into each cylinder? The reason why I ask this is if you
have a "dead" cylinder (no spark, no gas) it will cause the engine to
shake like crazy. As the engine is idling does it shake while it's
parked? If so open the hood and watch the engine...if it's bouncing
around in there ,and I mean REALLY bouncing around, then that's where
your problem is and start checking it for spark at each cylinder,
inspect the plugs, wires, cap and rotor and verify that you are
getting fuel to each cylinder. BE VERY careful when working around
the ignition system, if you get zapped you'll find that your arm
can/will go numb or worse...so be very careful! If it was just a Fuel
problem like you said (starving the engine) you would have a hard
time starting it. If it is a dead cylinder the car will startup with
no problems but will usually sputter and die after being reved, and
also cause the car to shake.

If it only shakes as you drive past 40, then the problem could lie in
the suspension (steering rack, wheels, etc).

Steve Rubano