Congratulations on radio and some extra info

Congratulations on radio and some extra info

I know you've allready gotten it to work,
but I thought this might be helpfull to someone else too.

> I have been thinking of hooking up to one of the wires going to the clock in
> the center console (my DeLorean don't have the clock, but the wiring is
> still there. Now, the question is: Does the clock wiring have +12V IGN or
> does it only have +12V CONTINUOUS???

It has both!

> The wires going to that 4 pin plug have the following colors:

At this moment I'm working on a color-version of the widely spread
wiring diagram. I'm putting it together as it is on paper and will
probably distribute it in PDF-form.
This would be nice to have for identifying the various wires.

Due to illnesses at work and several other things I haven't been
able to work on it lately, but just to let everyone know:
It's being made! Quite a lot of work, so don't start on it too;
that would be a waste of time considering how far I allready am...

> 2 purple going into 1 pin
+12V continous

> 1 white/green going into 1 pin
+12V IGN/ACC

> 1 black going into 1 pin ( I believe this is ground?)
Ground

> 1 red/orange wire going into 1 pin
Lights

This last wire is meant for dimming the clock at night,
so it doesn't "glare" from being the brightest light.
The effect is about the same as the AC-panellights dimming
whith the lights on (unless modified to only light up when
the lights are on or (as I did on mine) to be dimmed all the time)

Post a picture of your radio on you site, I'm sure I'm not the only
one that's curious to what you put in; all I know is that it's a SONY...

Greetings again,

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different... Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000