Door light Hidden Switch

There was a post recently about installing a switch for the door lights
that will allow you to turn off the door lights while you are at a car
show. This would eliminate the task of having to crawl underneath to
unhook and then re-hook up your lights. I know for myself that is a
pain in the butt.

QUESTION: I bought 2 small toggle type switches, Should I install one
switch (and hide it underneath the dash) for each door OR can I wire
both door lights power to one switch and only have the one cut off? I
wasn't sure if the door lights were connected farther back. I'm not
sure of the implications if I wire the power to the one switch and then
feed that off to each door plunger.

Thanks

Tom
#005732