Re: Gas problems

Tank leak:

There are 4 sections to check for leaks: Fuel pump boot, fuel tank
sending unit, fuel filler hose, & fuel breather (overflow) hose. Make
sure that all are firmly secured in place. Sometimes the sending unit
can be screwed in crooked creating a gap for petrol to escape. Chances
are that you may need to bite the bullet when checking this... Remove
the spare tire, and the access panel for the fuel pump. Top off the
tank. Check for any possible leaks. If all else fails, permatex makes
an instant gasket product that's available @ the auto parts store.
It's a liquid that comes in a can, and the manufacturer states that it
is resistant to gasoline. Plus it is easily removeable. Slather the
leak with this stuff. Since using, the leak from my gastank is gone. I
can also top off my gas tank and NOT smell gas. Plus my fuel economy
has greatly improved!

Hard Starting:

Not really enough details as to what might be the issue. Could be a
bad accumulator, but not enough clues. Next time this happens, try
swapping the plugs between the cold start valve and the control
pressure regulator to see if that gets you going...

Coolant Leak.

Where exactly was the coolant leaking from? If from the right rear, it
could be a bad radiator cap.

Hope this helps get you off to a good start!

-Robert
vin 6585

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Michael Pike <iqintermedia@xxxx> wrote:
> Nope, I didn't eat beans :)
>
> Today was my bi-weekly "take the d car out, wash it,
> and feel proud" day, weather was perfect,around 65,
> and sunny.
<SNIP>