Re: [DML] Re: 3.0 Eagle motors (and trannies)

Re: [DML] Re: 3.0 Eagle motors (and trannies)

Hi,
I read all this talk about installing an Eagle Premier tranny in a DeLorean
and.... let me tell you something I know from experience. DON'T DO IT!!!
That transmission is very poorly made. The idea was good (4 speed overdrive)
but every Premier that I have seen had a problem with the transmission. They
all go at about 50k - 60k miles. The funny thing is that the transmission
itself still works, but you have no fourth gear so you have to drive in D
(not overdrive - D in circle) so, it kind of makes no sense because after a
while you end up with the same three speed tranny. If you really consider
replacing the auto with something modern and with overdrive try finding
something that is reliable. Something that will last longer that original D
tranny and will let you say 'it was worth the trouble'.

My 2 cents...

Tom Niemczewski
vin 6298 (for sale)
tomcio@xxxx