New Delorean Owner here@

Greetings all, just wanted to say hello, I've just
become lucky enough to become a Delorean owner :)

Wanted one my whole life, and as fate had it, found
one here in Abq, NM!

It's VIN 855 - I was told by DMC in Houston this was
the 250th one made, not even supposed to be
production! It was a proto type! And it has less than
4,000 miles on it.. Pristine condition... I paid
$16,500 which I think was a steal for it...

I wanted to drop a note and say hi to what I consider
to be the finest automobile owners in existance.

I'm new to the Delorean, so I will probably have a lot
of questions that seem basic, but I think that's what
this mail group is for :).

Now, for my first question :)

With this Delorean having the low mileage that it
does, it's history is pretty brief, it's driven once a
month for a few miles to keep the engine lubed up...
because it was driven once a month, the previous owner
used to disconnect the battery between drives.
Because of this, the gas/fuel gauge has "sprung" all
the way to the top, and no longer functions. (Only
flaw with the car).

Is it easy to get it replaced, and are there any
reputable people who can do it in the Abq area? I am
aware of the Houston folks, and if I have to, I will
transport it there for repairs, but I would prefer not
to have to go to that extreme...

It seems as though most mechanic shops around here
don't care about the car, maybe even are jealous, and
are exceptionally rough with it. I want to make sure
when I leave it somewhere it doesnt become someone's
tool table for wrenches, and they don't put a bunch of
grease prints in the carpet.

Unfortunately, I do not know much about cars
mechanically, I am a computer programmer by trade, so
I cannot do it myself.

any advice appreciated, thanks!

Mike