Re: [DML] Re: Riverside Resort Laughlin Car Museum

Subject car is owned by a couple that live in Idaho. Ruby is incorrect. These people are members of the Pacific Northwest DeLorean Club. They also own a Bricklin and a customized 2-door Cad. I have advised the owners of this thread. If they wish to respond, they will. Arnie Brandon, President Pacific Northwest DeLorean Club

From: "Robert Rooney" <DMCVegas@xxxx>
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Re: Riverside Resort Laughlin Car Museum
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 21:55:29 -0000

Las time I spoke with the lady who was in charge of the Museum down
in Laughlin she said that she had 2 cars there (guess the other one
must have been moved out). If it's the car I'm thinking of, I might
be able to tell you a little about it. I remember that it was an
early VIN. Alot of very early cars that left the factory didn't come
with front emblems mounted. I have pictures somewhere of the VIN
plate and the binnacle from the inside. I know that the car was owned
by a couple by the name of Ruby who lived in Idaho. Originally the
asking price was $20K, but was later on dropped to $18K I believe. A
while later the car was sold. Though I don't know who the car was
sold to, I do know that they decided to let it stay at the museum.
What makes the car unique was that only half of the car is painted.
Below the belt line the car is painted purple, and above it's bare
stainless. The car is a perfect example of how NOT to treat a
DeLorean. The rubber on the door seals is rotten, and the leather
inside is dried out. Even though the car is in a museum, it has not
been taken good care of. Anywho, to answer you question, yes they
could replace the emblem to make the car look "proper", but it would
probably ruin the car's personal history.

-Robert
vin 6585 (The DeLorean from hell, but slowly coming back).

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, "Gabe" <thecreech@xxxx> wrote:
> Recently, I visited the Riverside Resort in Laughlin, Nevada which
of course
> has a car museum including a delorean. The strange thing about it
was it was
> missing its DMC ebmlem on the grille. I was wondering if possibly
the owner
> of the car is on this list(It said it was owned by a couple from
california)
> and they could see about replacing the emblem? They probably own
lots of
> cars and don't have anything special with the delorean so they
probably
> aren't on the list. The car looked completely naked without it and
I thought
> it was a sad thing to have one missing its emblem in a Museum.
Anyone else

www.dmcnews.com/Admin/rules.html

moderator@xxxx