Re: Swapping Center-console / re-wiring

> I'm guessing there is no way to get out the bracket without full
> removal. I removed mine and it just doesn't seem like you could
> squeeze it out. It's way in there.

I noticed! In my car the foam on top of the bracket actually stuck
to the inside of the leather "hood" to make it even more difficult...

> It's actually not very difficult to remove.
[snip}
> should come off in just 10-15 minutes. surprisingly easy.

It WAS surprisingly easy! Took me 40 minutes, but it was my first
time ever trying AND my first "big" project on my car...
(bigger than changing some bulbs and wiring)

> Then you have full access to the stereo which will make it much
> easier to connect wires and get it in there.
> > What I really need to know is if this can be removed leaving
> > the armrest in place; I don't want t completely disassemble
> > my interior just for putting in a radio.

Well eventually I ended up doing just that, BUT it gave me a great
opportunity to do some re-wiring on my (new) Lights Master Switch;
I took the load for the position-lights of of the switcht with a
relay, and while I was at it I installed an extra relay that
disables high and low beams when the ignition is off.

This saves the battery from getting drained when I forget to turn
off my lights and since I noticed most "modern" cars have this
as a standard feature I thought I'd put it in my D too...

If anyone is interested in how I did this, mail me and I'll
send you a brief discription. It could take a while, since I'm
working on several other DeLorean-related projects too.

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different... Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000

check out the Delorean-Files at: