Battery drain

First, thanks for the info on the instument light bulbs. Sure enough, the
local Porsche shop carried them for $1.25 each!

I have noticed that the battery drains down from fully charged to about 9
Volts in 2-3 days. Today I disconnected the battery, charged it for a while
and it is holding 12.3 volts about 5 hours later. I reconnected the positive
battery terminal and hooked up my electronic VOM (Fluke 75) between battery
negative post and ground (battry cable) and got some peculiar readings.

Connecting negative meter lead to negative battery post and positive meter
lead to ground I read 3.85 Amp.
Connecting negative battery lead to ground and positive meter lead to
negative battery post I read 7.88 Amp.
Connecting a garden variety NAPA test light between battery negative and
ground and I get a bright light.
The needle didn't even wiggle on an old but working analog bench type 30 Amp
meter (with 14 Ga clip leads).

I pulled all the fuses in the fuse block one by one and the Amp readings
didn't change.

As far as I know, only the digital clock is "On".
Door switch is disconnected.
I have not disconnected the 40 Amp breakers yet.
I do not have remote control door locks or an automatic antenna.
I have not made a load test on the battery.
I have not found any corroded connectors anywhere.

I think it is obvious that I have a sneak cirquit somewhere, but before
pulling relays and connectors I wonder if I have missed something obvious?

Any suggestions about what to try next?

Roger
VIN 1074