      1. Re: Digest Number 326
           From: "Nathan E. Green" <gzen21@xxxxxxxxxx>
      2. Re: Welcoming myself to the group
           From: iznodmad@xxxxxxx
      3. Re: Door lock module (was Steering Wheel recovering)
           From: "Jim Reeve" <ultra@xxxxxxx>
      4. Re: Fans, doors, and lights (oh, my!)
           From: "Jim Reeve" <ultra@xxxxxxx>
      5. Re: New Subject
           From: "Jim Reeve" <ultra@xxxxxxx>
      6. Re:Buzzers  WAS:door switches/wires
           From: "Jim Reeve" <ultra@xxxxxxx>
      7. Re: sparkplugs
           From: "Walter" <Whalt@xxxxxxx>
      8. Re: Door lock module
           From: "Walter" <Whalt@xxxxxxx>
      9. Re: Continuous Idle
           From: "Robert Rooney" <DMCVegas@xxxxxxxx>
     10. New Poll
           From: comet6974@xxxxxxxx
     11. Re: door switches/wires
           From: "Robert Rooney" <DMCVegas@xxxxxxxx>
     12. Re: Digest Number 326 Now Fuses
           From: "jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx " <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     13. Re: door guides
           From: "jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx " <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     14. Re: Buzzer - (WAS: door switches/wires)
           From: "Tom Niemczewski" <tomcio@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     15. Re: Continuous Idle
           From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe@xxxxxxx>
     16. RE: Re: sparkplugs
           From: "Doc" <doctor280@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     17. Battery drain
           From: rbrogren@xxxxxxx

Message: 1
   Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 11:10:13 -0800 (PST)
   From: "Nathan E. Green" <gzen21@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Digest Number 326

>     Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 12:41:52 -0500
>     From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe@xxxxxxx>
>  Subject: Re: Delorean fires...

>  My comments are not based on theory they are based on statistics and
>  personal experience. We have been keeping records on DeLorean component
and
>  system failures since 1984. To date we have no records of electrical
fires
>  either in the dashboard area or electrical compartment of any
non-modified
>  DeLoreans. Lots of melted fuses, but no fires.. . . . .

>  In conclusion, my comments are only to prevent negative roomers from
>  influencing future prospective buyers and insurance companies who will
use
>  these negative comments to raise our already high rates.

>  DMC Joe
>  "We're here to help you"
>  Seasons Greetings!

>  DMC Help / De Lorean Services / <dmchelp@xxxxxxx>
>  Web Site: (TEMPORARY)<www.geocities.com/dmcjoe>

Cool. I hope you don't take any negative connotation by my remarks. I will
agree that probably very few electrical problems will start a fire.(so the
ratio I mentioned is very low) My comment isn't to say there has been or
will be fires, but to merely point out the high potential for fire based
upon my observations and simple logic.

Maybe my experience was extreme. But melted fuses and/or fuse blocks is
enough to make me cautious. In my case, it wasn't just the headlight
switch...it was the fact to fuse didn't do it's job. If I can save one
Delorean from fire because an owner read these posts and got a fire
extinguisher---it is worth it.

With that said, I agree about the influenece this discussion could have on
insurance/buyer if it is taken out of context. Therefore, I will drop this
subject. I hope this has been beneficial to the list.
(You're still a great guy, DMCJoe!! :)  )

Nate

BTW, the Delorean is doing OK. I ended up pulling the fuses and driving
home--shrieking clutch and all. I have vacumed most of the interior,
although I still have to get all the dash panels off. Damage appears
minimal. Limited to the Headlight switch, A/C mode switch and radio. No
damage to the nbinnacle or dash or any additional wiring. I will post a full
report later.

---
Nathan E. Green
gzen21@xxxxxxxxxx

"If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88mph you're gonna' see
some serious s--t"
-Doc Brown: "Back to the Future"

Send a cool gift with your E-Card
http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/