Re: Fans, doors, and lights (oh, my!)

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, Noah <sitz@xxxx> wrote:
> 1) My cooling fans are flipping on and off every few seconds (5-30,
at a
> guess). I can hear (and feel it if I'm driving). Additionally, they
came
> on immediately today, during the first start in 3 days.

Is your AC compressor coming on also? The compressor cycles every few
seconds, and the fans with go right with it. That also describes the
fans coming on at start, because the compressor was probably activated
during this also. Turn your mode switch to off, or a setting other
than MAX, NORM, or BI-LEV (yes, that also activates the compressor!)
I bet this solves your problem.

> 2) My 'lock doors' dash light is flipping on and off every few
minutes

> 2a) In a possibly related situation (I dunno, 'cause I am /so/
learning as
> I go here.) either door can, by key or from inside the car, lock
both
> doors. But neither door (using key or lock inside) will unlock the
other,
> only itself.

The lock doors light sounds like a loose connection in the module's
harness. And your lock solenoids have two possibilities, either a
loose connection in the module's harness or burned out solenoids.
Judging by your light problem, I would guess it is the harness
connector. I had the exact same problem with my solenoids (locking,
but not unlocking), to my luck, it turned out to be a bad connection
in the harness. Unplug your module and replug it a couple of times,
and the problem should be cured. But if you use the locks regularily,
you should either completely disconnect your lock module or get
lockzilla.

> 3) My cabin lights don't come on when the doors open, however, they
do
> respond to being turned on manually (but then don't we all. Ba-dum
bum.)

I dont have a lot of knoledge on this circuit (primarily since mine
works perfectly!), but I do know that the delay unit does not effect
the basic operation of the interior lights. With the delay unit
removed, they should still light, but simply not delay off. I dont
know where the diodes are, but you should also check the connectors on
the lights themselves.

Good Luck!!!!

Jim Reeve
-6960