Re: Door lock module (was Steering Wheel recovering)

Re: Door lock module (was Steering Wheel recovering)

Walt, I believe you are either wrong about your knoledge of the stock
lock module, or you misstated what you intended to write. The factory
lock module does NOT continously supply the solenoids with power.
There is no design flaw on part, when working propory they also send
a "tick" of power to the solenoids. If the stock module never fails,
neither should the solenoids. Only when the internal relays in the
stock module stick, do the solenoids recieve continuous power and burn
them up. I do not have lockzilla so I cannot accurately comment on
your problem about your "situation" when your doors go out of sync. A
properly operating system should never go out of sync if used
proporly. Are you using the remote with one or both the doors open?
If so this may be your problem. I dont have detailed knoledge about
mechanical aspect of the lock system, but for some reason they dont
want to lock when the doors are open. And if you do manage to lock it
with the door open there is a good chance you may jam your latch.
(Yet another situation to add to the "stuck in car" reasons.) I'm
sure some other people on this list have better knoledge as to why
this is so, but I just know it is true. On the other hand, if both
doors are closed and are still getting out of sync, the solenoids
probably need a rebuild. I see this post is starting to become as
long as many of yours :-), so I'll leave you with more troubleshooting
to do.

Jim Reeve
-6960