Door lock module (was Steering Wheel recovering)

Door lock module (was Steering Wheel recovering)

I agree with David Teitlebaum concerning the Lockzilla, and I would like to
add the following:

What happens with the OEM lock module is it sends current to the lock
solenoids until they move. If they fail to move, then they burn up trying.
The Lockzilla instead gives the solenoids a 'one shot' -- meaning that it
sends them current for a moment. If they fail to move, then it quits. This
is good. What isn't good is that the Lockzilla doesn't warn you if a door
fails to lock thus creating a security problem although the OEM lock module
and almost all other makes of cars out there also share this problem. A
better designed module would give a beep or some other indication in this
situation.

Another short coming of the Lockzilla is that it will stop operating if the
door locks get out of synchronization. For example, you lock your doors,
but the solenoid on one side is sluggish and fails to lock the door. An
attempt to unlock the door using the Lockzilla optional remote keyless entry
will fail until both door locks are returned to the same state by using the
door key. However, if you never install the optional remote keyless entry,
then this won't be a problem.

Walt Tampa, FL