Re: New Subject

I personally have never been bothered by actual road noise, but there
is another aspect to this which I dont know if many people realize.
When going over bumps, the plastic body has a tendency to resonate,
despite any soundproofing material placed on it. I have found this to
occur mostly in the large flat areas, where the plastic could act like
a woofer. These locations are the floors of the footwells, and the
center of the rear shelf (pound any of them with your fist, you'll
know what I mean). Since I've only owned my car for 3 months, I
havn't botherd trying to correct this. But next year I am going to
experiment with fastening (not sure how yet) some small brackets to
these areas to keep them from vibrating over bumps. If anyone else
has experimented doing this, I'd love to hear your results!

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, "Don Ekhoff" <ekhoff@xxxx> wrote:
> The DeLorean has very little in the way of sound proofing.

Jim Reeve
-6960