Re: Summer Heat, now hard starting Q

Chris, Robert, Walter, Open the panel behind the passenger where the
relays are, look up above where the black blank spot is and you might
see a relay socket laying up there with no relay in it. The wire
color should be black, blue/black and white/red. This is where the
hot start relay goes. It's all three of my cars. 6935,6568 and 11004
If you need relays, I have them. Call if I can help.
John
972-564-9321

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, "Chris Coplen" <blarness@xxxx> wrote:
> I recently threw my D on a trailer and moved from Grand Rapids, MI
(cloudy, and mild temps) to Austin, Texas (102 degree big, flaming
ball in the sky that just won't quit).

> My DeLorean has NEVER had a starting problem ever. The first time
I started it in Austin it took five long cranks and then finally
sputtered to life and ran poorly for the first minute. This
continues now EVERY time I try to start it when its hot out. And,
well, it's been triple digit temps all eight days I've been here.

> I, at first, accounted it as vapor lock but it does it even when
the engine is cold. Then I thought maybe it's the Michigan gas, our
votility levels are different than Texas due to our "unpredictable",
and colder weather conditions. So, late last night I threw a fresh
tank of premium in and gave her a few high speed rips up and down I-
35 but I haven't had the chance to drive it today.

> What would cause such a DRASTIC change in it's personality just
because I moved into a hotter environment, and what can be done about
it? Thank you.