Re: [DML] Rear Bearing Race Removal

When you say the race is still on the axle I assume the bearing completely
came apart. I'd suggest heating the race with a propane torch to get it to
expand. If the outer race is still in the rear axle carrier you may have to
heat the carrier to get that to drop out. Prior to installing the new
bearing into the carrier, put it in the freezer for a couple of hours first.
Heat the carrier around the bearing area a bit and the frozen bearing should
go in pretty easy. It's worked for me when I didn't have access to a press.

Bruce Benson