From: Robert Rooney
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, August 12, 2000 10:28 PM
Subject: [DML] Re: Summer Heat, now hard starting Q

In a way I'm kina glad to hear about this; it means I'm not the only
one! I've been having the exact same problems that you have, but
thought that it might be due to other factors on my engine. Warm
temps in spring time: no problem. Summer heat: hard starting. If
you're out some place and you need to leave in a hurry, swapping the
cold start valve & the control pressure regulator plugs will get you
going in a hurry. Now for the interesting part! If you turn to
section D:01:15 of the workshop manual under Electrical Circuit
Function, the last paragraph reads (bad punctuation included):
"The car is wired for a hot start relay. This relay can be installed
if a hot starting problem is experienced in excessively hot regions
of the country. When this relay is used is used, the cold start valve
will inject intermittently durring cranking when engine is hot."
If anyone here knows how/where to install this relay, let us know. It
would definately same me a bit of embarassment in the parking lot!

-Robert