[DML] Flawed Logic (DML vs DOA)

One of the car collector books I researched before I purchased my D.
listed in the "For" section: "Small but enthusiastic owners group." No
kidding! This ongoing thread is proof! I would like to share some
thoughts.

The DOA and DML succeed in their respective domains. Due to overlapping
interest in the car, people are unsuccessfully trying to compare both
group's methods of communication, audience, and content.

I feel it is important to respect what excellent resources we enjoy in
our shared interest in Deloreans. Compare what other owners of
"classics" enjoy if comparison is your craving.

As to the value of the cars and the influence DOA or DML may have upon
in, I can share what auctioneers have told me and what I have read
about the "value" of these cars:

- The car has no racing history. The closest we come is Colin Chapman.
This will always mean something to a fixed segment of
collector/enthusiasts.

- The car has "unique" styling. Appealing to some, appalling to
others. Giugiaro's responsibility for the design, however, will always
be an asset for the car, especially since the car was penned in what
would arguably be called his most prolific and successful period.

- The car has a place in everyone's mind due to the continuing
influence of the media. How many times a month does TBS or TNT run
BTTF anyway? "Tucker"-like movie(s) will be inevitable as well in the
future of these cars as well.

- The car is a product of one man's vision. There is a timeless value
in any dream.

To sum up, the simple fact is that there has never been a better time
to own a Delorean. There are tremendous resources now available at any
speed. From tech to gatherings, there is something for everyone's
desire.

You don't own (or want) a Delorean because you like a homogeneous level
of support. You're different and you enjoy a rich spectrum of history,
contacts and potential for the car you drive.

Go look at your D again and smile!
Mauri.