[DML] On The DeLorean World Article... Part II

[DML] On The DeLorean World Article... Part II

(continued from the previous post)

So what's my overall opinion? Am I mad at the DOA? No. Will I still
join? The answer is a very loud YES. Even after this slap in the face
to over 1100 people, many of which have taken enormous amounts of their
own time, going FAR out of their way to help me, seeking nothing in
return... I will still fork over my money to the organization that has
gone so far out of its way to be so hurtful to us.

Why then would I possibly still even consider joining? It's simple.
They care about the marque. With a passion. With great passion,
actually. That's the way all of us who love DeLoreans feel. And
despite what ever direction your passions might take you, I will still
respect you for simply even -having- the passion. I just wish the DOA
could feel the same.

A difference of opinion is not a sin. Open discussion is not bad. The
DOA does a lot for the DMC community, and we all owe them a great debt.
It's just sad to see them so angry, so petulant, over discovering they
are not the only game in town. It's also sad, but apparently an
unfortunate truth, that simply by writing this article, I will likely be

forever banned from buying parts from "One" DeLorean supplier.

If the DOA truly wishes to expand the fame, recognition, and camaraderie

of the DeLorean marque, they need to welcome -all- opinions, from any
and ALL sources. To do otherwise is to deliberately drive a wedge right

through the middle of the DMC community.

Now, having said my peace, I will click "send" and welcome (unlike some
others) responses to my one-man editorial.

-Dave Stragand
Vin #5927
http://www.ProjectVixen.com