[DML] Re: On The DeLorean World Article...

[DML] Re: On The DeLorean World Article...

Dave,

You have two good point here that I want to comment on:

I agree with your first statement, that the DOA does stand to make a
profit by their actions. It seems obvious that their actions are driven
by the motivation for profit.

I also agree with your second statement that the DOA cares about the
marquee with a passion. The important thing here the the motivation for
why they care so much.. Your first statement explains why they care,
for PROFIT!

Although the DML is "non commercial", I would venture to say (I am
assuming) that some of the commercial participants (DMC Joe comes to
mind as a possibility) have increased their business because of the
DML. This should go as a example of how a organization can work to
benefit the members, and generate profit for the vendors at the same
time.

Marc

Dave Stragand wrote:
<SNIP>

> wouldn't have to have our own opinions! Imagine -- every thought about
> our cars can be easily dictated to us by someone who will personally
> profit by telling us his opinion. And as we all know, the DOA has -no-

<SNIP>

> Why then would I possibly still even consider joining? It's simple.
> They care about the marque. With a passion. With great passion,
> actually. That's the way all of us who love DeLoreans feel. And
> despite what ever direction your passions might take you, I will still
> respect you for simply even -having- the passion. I just wish the DOA
> could feel the same.

<SNIP>